- Windgate II has been selected to participate in the Arlington County StormwaterWise Landscapes Program, which provides funding for home owner associations (HOAs) to reduce stormwater runoff. HOAs that apply and are selected for this program receive a stormwater assessment by county staff. HOAs then select one of the recommended practices to install. Here is the county's report for Windgate II. We have chosen Area #3 for implementation because of the slipping hazard posed by mud washing onto the sidewalk and parking lot. Experience from this project inform our efforts on other areas identified in the report (July 2018).
- Ever wonder how landscaping works at Windgate II, or what you can do to help? Read this overview from the landscaping committee (July 2018).
- Here are notes from the fall landscape walk (Sep 2017).
- For residents who planted annuals earlier this year, now is the time to remove them from beds and planters and do fall clean-up.
- The hand rail by 2552-A will be relocated. If you know a place where a hand rail would be useful, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Leaf blowing by Lancaster is performed twice in November and twice in December.
- Pruning of shrubs and trees within patios is owners' responsibility. Limbs should not touch the roof, overhang gutters, rest on fences, or interfere with passage outside the fence. Vines should be removed from buildings.
- See Policy Resolution 17-03 Common Area Planting Policy for guidance on planting by residents.
- The landscape committee is looking for volunteers and new members. Read more -- find out how you can help.
This committee makes recommendations to the board about the installation and maintenance of plants and trees in our common areas.
of the landscape committee in 2018 are scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month: Jan 18, Feb 13, Mar 6, Apr 3, May 1, Jun 5, Jul 5, Aug 7, Sep 4, Oct 2, Nov 5, Dec 4. If you are interested in participating, please use the form at the bottom of the Contact Us page to email Pat Walter
, who chairs the landscape committee. Minutes of landscape committee meetings are below.
NOTE: If you wish to add a perennial, shrub, tree, or other permanent addition to the common area, please use this form to submit a landscape variance request
(with attachments) to the landscape committee chair, Pat Walter, at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a reminder, the common area consists of the entire property other than the individual units and the limited common elements associated with those units (patios, decks, front stairs and portions of the front stoops).
Minutes of landscape committee meetings are available: go to FSRConnect
, log in, select Forms & Documents, then select Board & Committee Minutes.
You may also be interested in: